An Introvert and an Extrovert...

August 13, 2015 2 Comments A+ a-

How does that even work?

I dunno, but ever since reading this article from Elite Daily, I can never look back and feel bad for the things I've "missed out on".

Just recently I had a massive melt-down (cue cranky Sara with a lot of mood swings in a public place just imagine a cranky 5 year old in a need of a nap) because I honestly had no explanation for how I felt. I felt overwhelmed with stimulation, there were too many people, I needed space, and I wanted to eat. (Hangry is a real thing I'm telling you.)

Nobody around me understood why I was feeling this way, and the worst part? I couldn't even explain why I was so...out of it. I just didn't want to be there anymore. I just wanted to go home.

When I'm around a lot of people at a period of time, I get too stimulated--I don't feel like doing anything and I just want to curl up in my bed. I want to get UN-stimulated.

I can't even explain it to you.

Maybe this Huffington Post article will explain it better than me.

I just wish more people understood or even tried to be compassionate about how I do things, and I wish people would be more nicer about it rather than taking it out on me because I don't want to be in a place anymore or because I don't want to go out that night.

People don't believe me when I say I'm a hard core Introvert, because they envision a social butterfly Sara. Yeah, I LOVE going out, but I LOVE lounging around the apartment watching something on Netflix or reading a book even more.

/currently writing this in a super dark room all alone. /creepy.

So, when you encounter an Intro-Extrovert person, think of the articles I've shared with you and try to understand where they're coming from. They don't want to ruin your day, hence them trying to leave before they have a melt-down. Continuous "are you okay?" or "what's wrong?" or "why are you cranky?" questions won't help, we just need a mental break from everything and go back to normal when we have that.

2 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
November 18, 2015 at 11:27 AM delete

Beautifully said! This article is perfectly describe who I am. I try to explain to people about it and they still don't understand. This is perfect. So perfect.

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
November 18, 2015 at 12:57 PM delete

Thank you! I was having a hard time trying to find the perfect words, but if it worked--it worked! You're welcome to share this post with anybody else :)

Reply
avatar

Thank you for leaving a comment! I look forward to read what you've just said and I will respond in a couple of hours!